Life is the health magazine of the Christian Mutuality (CM). Here you will find information about CM, services and benefits, health care and benefits. Above all, Leef brings stories of people and in this way the magazine wants to inspire them to be healthy together in life. In doing so, Leef takes emotions as a guideline that are recognisable to everyone. The magazine is published ten times a year on paper for CM members. The website is accessible to everyone.
- A replacement of the current digital version of their magazine, which runs on a SaaS solution (Software-as-a-Service is a model in which software applications are delivered via the internet, i.e. as a service), to a new digital version of the print magazine Life, which is published monthly. Each edition revolves around an emotion.
- A major focus is on user-friendliness, so that everyone has access to the website as well as on mobile phones, even for people with a disability. Using three functions: text, audio and video.
- An easy-to-use CMS for the editors who can easily publish documents and data on the internet without a lot of technical knowledge.
Despite a hard deadline and a limited budget, we are very proud of this collaboration.
On this page you can read stories, reports, interviews, fast checks and practical information from experts and others. Articles are tagged with categories and themes so you can easily find something.
Visual stories and videos are available on this page. With attention to the people who can hear less well.
On this page you will find additional audio stories from Life and audio versions of the print magazine. Their audio stories can also be found on iTunes and Spotify. A feature specially created for the visually impaired.
- Start of Caibr8-install profile
- Convert design supplied in html/css to Drupal theme with corrections/tweaks where necessary.
- Research implementation Eloqua
- T&M cap approach with intermediate demos
The Digital Experience Platform gives CM (and all our clients) maximum return for every euro invested. A content authoring engine and a rich module site also allowed that project to get the boost it deserves.
An integration with Eloqua was within the wishes of the Leef Magazine team. Particular attention was paid to exploring the possibilities, such as newsletter subscription and personalization based on browsing behavior.
- Design external party not always obvious (design vs Drupal, design vs available budget)
- Design delivered in html/css already sets certain expectations for cross device behaviour
- Design still work in progress during development
- Demos always had to be on-site at CM (BXL), cost time/budget
- Coupling with Eloqua still to be fully explored
- Redirects problematic urls (with # in) from old SAAS platform
- UAT & content input period in Christmas leave vs go-live 1st week of January
The link with the Eloqua marketing platform had to be fully explored. We prioritized the most important functionalities for the launch of the first version. A more complex part was also rescheduled to a later release of the website.
There was also an additional challenge for the SEO redirect plan: For every website that is renewed, we provide such a plan. We look at the URLs of all (or more often: the statistically most popular) pages in the old website and provide a proper redirect to the relevant, new pages on the new platform. In this way, you as a customer retain your accrued SEO score in search engines. The old SaaS platform, which was used for Leef Magazine, contained a number of urls (with # in) that were initially problematic as a redirect. We had to give this some extra technical attention to arrive at a proper solution.
To give the user experience of the visitors on live magazine an even more optimal experience, we made sure that the search results are completed with items from the corporate CM website.
This highly technical implementation was set up with an API. This external link ensured that these items were displayed in specific places per page (4 and 7) between the search results in Live magazine. For example, if there are 4 items from CM.be they will appear on page 1 at position 4 and 7 and on page 2 at position 4 and 7.
This complex integration required the necessary analyses but to this day we can speak of a beautiful integrated functionality that guides visitors that extra step in their journey.
Thanks to good agreements and detailed planning, everything was taken care of by the Calibrate team and we were able to launch Leef Magazine fully finished according to the intended ambitions! Job well done!